Kailin Gow and Kira G. are Presenting On the Middle Grade/Teen Stage at Noon AND the STEM Stage at 3 PM at the OC Children's Book Festival on Sept. 30, 2018! Bring Your Books to Get it Signed and Limited Amount of Signed Books for Purchase Available!
STEM Books from Kailin Gow
AMAZON LEE and the ANCIENT UNDEAD OF ROME (Amazon Lee Adventures Book 1)
15-year-old Amazon Lee, thought she was going to have a relaxing vacation in Rome this summer with her parents, Scientist Dr. Stephen Lee, his wife, Historian Dr. Sandra Lopez, and her father's eccentric younger sister and inventor Dr. Annabelle Lee. What she didn't expect was that she and her family would soon make the discovery that the Ancient people of Rome would soon rise again....as the Undead. The clock is ticking as Amazon Lee and her family must work together using science, technology, and history to discover why the dead were rising as the Undead in Rome, before it is too late.
Amazon Lee is a strong, independent girl with High-Functioning Autism, but you would never know it.
This is a STEM, ELA Literary, and Social Science Curriculum Adventure Series for Middle Grade, Teens, and Up.
Also features diverse, culturally-rich, and family-friendly main characters.
Study Guides are Available with this Series for Teachers in 6th Grade and Schools
Sample STEM/ELA Literary/Social Studies Questions for AMAZON LEE ADVENTURES SERIES
- How is Ama able to use science in her daily life? How did Science and Technology helped her? (Hint: Her toys, her room, etc.)
- How is the Coliseum an architectural marvel?
- What kind of engineering technique is used to build the Appian Way that is used today?
- Pompeii was destroyed by what natural disaster?
- How is the Pantheon a natural architectural wonder?
- How are the walls built in the Trajan Market so that the walls can withstand 5 floors?
- What ancient marvel enabled Rome to be a great civilization and powerhouse?
- How are pure water pumped through the pipes at the Aqueducts?
- What do the Romans believe in for an Afterlife?
- What innovations did the Ancient Romans contribute to modern society and civilizations today?
The Garden Girl Series is the first book series in Sparklesoup's newest imprint Kira Kailin which is for Clean Teen Romances that may or may not fall under the STEM umbrella which covers Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math. The Garden Girl Series is a STEM book series which covers science, technology, engineering, math, history, while being a teen romance book series, written by ALA YALSA Award-winning Author Kailin Gow.
15 year old Eden Birdseye is the descendant of the inventor who invented the freezing process for food, and she is also born into a family of farmers with farms scattered along the California coastline. Fresh out of boarding school and newly-enrolled in her local high school, Eden thought she would have a normal existence as a teenager, instead of the heir to a farming empire. What she doesn't know is her knowledge of food, science, technology, and even math will come into play when a world crisis surfaces. Suddenly, Eden who just wanted to hide, is now The Garden Girl, and she learns that despite being a girl and only 15, she can do a lot to help change the world for the better.
Release Dates and Order
Eden's Garden (Garden Girl #1) - November 2022
Eden's Experiment (Garden Girl #2) - March 2022
Eden's Crush (Garden Girl #3) - June 2022
Copyright 2021 Kailin Gow