Kailin Gow Bio Highlights
- Has written and published over 300 books since 2001 featuring strong female characters in multiple genres
- Her Books are known for incorporating Social Issues into the storytelling
- Winner of prestigious awards such as the ALA YALSA Readers’ Nomination for her series Bitter Frost. Also, the Silver Honor Award for the Benjamin Franklin Awards from the Independent Book Publishers Association for her Dystopian Science Fiction Series – The FADE Series. Winner of the Best Teen Book Award for the Green Book Festival for her Dystopian Romance Series, The Fire Wars. Then for mature readers who enjoyed Fifty Shades, Kailin Gow’s book series, The Protégé won Best Erotica Romance at the NIEA Awards.
- Over 500,000 Followers on Social Media combined and growing!
- Sold over 5.5 million books and counting as of 2015!
- Books distributed worldwide to over 147+ e-retail & independent outlets
- Books translated into multiple languages
- Book Series made into Games, some in development as Films
- Degrees in Social Ecology and Drama from University of California at Irvine
- Graduate Masters Degree in Management for Communications from the Annenberg School for Communications at USC
- World Traveler, DIYer, Entrepreneur, Producer, Host, Speaker (such as Book Expo America), Former Hotel Corporate Management, Filmmaker, former Radio Host
- Former Walt Disney Company legal and business staff
- Former Real Estate Broker (Won Best Sales for Office), Home Staging Certificate
- Recently chosen as a Beauty for Cindy Crawford’s Beauties, representing charities
- Called an “Innovator” by Amazon
- Was a digital self-publishing pioneer and bestselling author before Kindle was invented
- Worked with Brands in Retail, Hospitality, Entertainment, and Education in improving client/customer service as a Secret Shopper. Wrote the bestselling non-fiction book, How to Have Fun and Make Money as a Mystery Shopper which became a reference book and textbook used at schools.
- Foodie and health food enthusiast. Parents owned a restaurant and inns. Grew up in and around the travel and hotel industry.
- Organizes and Hosts pop culture events known as Rockin' Events such as Rockin' Hollywood taking up the entire Madame Tussauds Hollywood featuring a rock band, bestselling authors. Her Rockin' the Holidays event held at Downtown Disney Anaheim was rated a Top 10 Event in Anaheim, California.
- Studied cooking from Chefs such as Neiman Marcus' Kevin Garvin. Wrote the Loving Summer Cookbook featuring healthy California Cuisine, based on her hit book series
- Self-esteem and Women Empowerment Authority. Peer Guidance Counselor for Young Women during College. Host and producer of the popular radio show, Womyn's Voices. Wrote the Shy Girl’s Handbook on Bullies and Other Meanies for girls and women
- Featured on Amazon.com’s homepage for a month as a Successful Indie Author
- Was a member of Asian American Journalist Association in college. Was profiled in the Los Angeles Times as an Asian American Student Journalist for successfully producing and hosting a popular Asian American radio show called “Bridges”during college
- Studied Shaolin Kung-fu from a monk trained and ordained at the Shaolin Temple in China.
- Plays and composes songs on the piano. Plays violin (1st Chair Violinist in her orchestra) and drums (Played briefly in a rock band as drummer and lead during college).
What the Media is Saying About Kailin Gow and her Books
"It is easy to see that Ms. Gow is an accomplished writer. This is no first, debut novel. Her writing is strong and mature." - about Kailin Gow's Circus Summer, The Bookish Libraria.
"The Saving You Saving Me Project is an important work that covers issues that are real.Read the book [and] support the project." - Frankie Boyer Show, nationally syndicated show in Boston's top station.
"[Kailin Gow] is very very sweet and an expert on body issues, self-esteem, and women's issues..." - Broadminded Show, nationally syndicated show on women and celebrities. Sirius XM Radio.
"Kailin Gow is an expert on young adult issues and self-esteem. On top of that, she's a very successful fiction author..." - John Mercure, news host on #1 radio news station WTMJ, Milwaukee.
“If my mommy was in charge of the world, a bird would be a unicorn…” – Daughter, a critic of her mother Kailin Gow.
MEDIA INTERVIEWS, APPEARANCES, FEATURES
Kailin Gow offers Advice on Fitting Your Author Life into Your Real Life by Arielle Ford (Huffington Post Books)
CBS Television News:
Kailin Gow – Talks about Saving You Saving Me and Reaching Out to Help People Through Books on CBS TV
Top 15 Nationally Syndicated News Radio Shows
Kailin Gow – Talks about How Loving Summer and Saving You Saving Me brings Awareness to Certain Social Issues along with a Strong Compelling Story on The Frankie Boyer Show
Kailin Gow, authority on Women’s Issues on KIXI Seattle “Chat with Women” Show Talk about Swimsuits and Self Esteem
Kailin Gow explains Why Kids are Dieting at a Younger Age on KTLK AM1150 Radio Los Angeles
Kailin Gow interviewed about Raising Daughters, how Fathers Are Important on the Tom Barnard Show, the #1 NewsTalk Radio Show in the Minneapolis/St. Paul Area.
Orange County Register
Newport Beach Author to Host and Produce Cultural Show for Cancer Research Charities at the Pasadena Civic Auditorium (2017)
Local Author Launches Site to Help Young Adults and Women in Crisis – OC Register
Kailin Gow Featured on Front Page of Amazon.com as an Inspiring Author Success Story
Kailin Gow Featured on IMDB as a producer, writer, host, and director with verified film, video, and television works
Author Signings at Internationally-recognized Book Store where they have a history of hosting the biggest names in Fiction
Following in the Footsteps of Fantasy Author George R.R. Martin from Game of Thrones, Kailin Gow Signs at Mysterious Galaxy
The World Journal – Largest Chinese-language Newspaper in North America
Copyright 2022 Kailin Gow